Freedom Isn't Free

Freedom Isn't Free

07 July 2014

Bring Back Our Marine

   I spent part of the weekend at an IndyCar race.  Selling programs at race as Pocono Raceway is the major fundraiser for my son's Boy Scout Troop.  While I was there I was able to talk to a few members of the group Rear Area Support Foundation (RASF).  They have a moving Global War on Terror Wall of Remembrance.  I would invite you to check out when this wall will be coming to an area near you.  You can find group's website here. The wall memorializes Veterans who have sacrificed their lives during the Beirut Bombing all the way up to Operation New Dawn. Thanks for the time I spent talking to you Derek, I look forward to talking with you and interviewing you about RASF and the AMVETS sometime soon.
   Tomorrow Marine Sgt Andrew Tahmooressi will have his day in court in Mexico.  I am hoping and praying (as I'm sure you are as well) that this will be the beginning of the end of his time in captivity in Mexico.  It was a wrong turn in more ways than one. 
   The media coverage of this has been a mixed bag and the third side of the story, the truth, hasn't been told in its entirety.  Moreover, our government hasn't really done jack for Sgt Tahmooressi.  Kind of what the government has done for Veterans suffering due to the VA Scandal.  No one has lifted a pen or a phone during either event.  Inaction is often more noticeable than action.  This is one of those times.
   I'm not a big fan of inaction.  And I want to do something to possibly help Sgt Tahmooressi.  We have all heard about the calls to boycott Mexico.  That can be impractical and, at the same time, may be unhelpful.  I am not calling for a boycott.  What I am calling for is for readers of my blog to call and email the Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C. and ask that their government grants Tahmooressi his freedom.  No threats of boycott.  No foul language.  Just a simple request that one of our countrymen be granted freedom after he made a wrong turn at the border.

202-728-1600
Phone number of Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C.
 
email address for the Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C.
 
 
Sgt Tahmooressi fought for our country and was prepared to pay the ultimate price for our country.  He deserves his freedom.
   Thank you for reading my blog.
That is all.
 
 
 
I write this blog as apolitical as I can.  One of the main reasons this blog is in existence is because of am online friend of mine who write his own blog here.
 
I retired from the military in January of 2009.  My Oath that I took at the start of my military career doesn't retire.  I'm an OathKeeper.  Find out more about the OathKeepers here.


No comments:

Post a Comment